Protecting your personal details on our website
Last updated: 17th April 2023
We believe that it is important to protect your Personal Data, as defined in the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations ((EU) 2016/679) and any UK implementing law (“Data Protection Laws”)). We are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Laws, Print Traders Ltd. is a data controller and a data processor (depending upon what Personal Data it collects and processes from you).
1. Collecting Information
1.1. We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- 1.1.1. From you when you purchase a service or product from us, which will usually involve creating an Mr Printers a ccount or a guest account. We will collect your full name, email address, company name (if applicable), billing and delivery details and, if you are creating an Print Traders account, you will be asked to provide a password.
- 1.1.2. From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
- 1.1.3. From documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register.
1.2. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- 1.2.1. Technical device information, including the device used to access our site (i.e. desktop, mobile or tablet);
- 1.2.2. Information about your visit, including products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, whether our template designs have been downloaded and whether you have subscribed to our blog and/or mailing lists.
1.3. We do not anticipate collecting any special categories of personal, within the meaning of the Data Protection Laws. For example, information about your health or ethnic origin. However, in the event that we wish to do so, you will be asked to expressly consent to the collection and processing of this Personal Data and are under no obligation to provide such consent.
2. Using Your Personal Information
2.1. The Personal Data of our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- 2.1.1. To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- 2.1.2. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- 2.1.3. To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and conduct research (including creating statistical and testing information). We will not, however, use your Personal Data for automated profiling to carry out automated decisions such as evaluating credit without your express consent.
- 2.1.4. To allow us to contact you (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us that are similar to those that we have already provided to you or that we have a legitimate interest to contact you about, unless you have asked us not to do so. You can manage your preferences at any time via the preferencing page on our website (<a href="http://www.mrprinters.co.uk/preferences) or">www.mrprinters.co.uk/prefere... by contacting us using the details set out in clause 6.1. below.
- 2.1.5. We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies, as further set out in clause 2.4 below.
- 2.1.6. To notify you about changes to our service.
- 2.1.7. To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- 2.1.8. To administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- 2.1.9. To improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- 2.1.10 As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
2.3. We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- 2.3.1. Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- 2.3.2. If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- 2.3.3. If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- Contracted courier and delivery companies,
- Marketing and Market Research companies,
- Online advertising platforms,
- Customer Relationship Management software providers,
- Secure Online payment platforms.